In the interests of ecological conservation and due to the nature of the ground to be covered, the organisers limit the number of entries to 65 cars. Entries are accepted on a strict policy of “First Come – First Served” within the following categories until the maximum is reached:
- Before 1 July of each year: All entries from the previous Rhino Charge who raised in excess of KES 2 million shillings are offered automatic entry and need to confirm their entry in the next event before the 1st July.
- Between 1 July and 31 July: Entrants pledging a minimum of KES 1.5 million.
- Between 1 August and 30 August: Entrants pledging a minimum of KES 1.25 million.
- Between 1 September and 30 September – Entrants pledging a minimum of KES 1 million.
- From 1 October onwards – Entrants pledging a minimum of KES 750,000.
Any Entrants who have entered in categories 1 – 5 as listed above, who fail to reach their pledged sponsorship, may be prevented from starting, and may also be refused entry to future events.
To learn more about the entry requirements, please visit the competitor page on our website.